• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What are you watching right now? Why? (please read 1st post)

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheTheory

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Watching:
Master Keaton
I'm halfway through the series (as Pioneer/Geneon released it, which is actually apparently both the TV series and the OAV series, but without any kind of signifying difference on the DVDs). Really enjoying it--sort of a laid-back detective episodic series (except the "detective" works for an insurance company), which strongly reminds me of the Agatha Christie heroine Miss Marple. Man, I've owned these DVDs for years and am just now getting around to watching them. Better late than never, eh?

asimpson2006 wrote:
Surrender Artist wrote:
I'm in Harrisburg right now and I've noted that the local public transportation is run by the Capital Area Transit Authority, whose buses are regularly referred to by the abbreviation CATBus. I wonder if I'd be allowed to ride for free if I were to say that Totoro had sent me.

I see what you did there. I never ride the buses since I have a motor vehicle myself but if I ever did I might try that. They would probably think I am crazy and not let me on the bus.

PA Peeps represent!
I try to avoid public transportation, so have never experienced the "joy" of CATBus. But I giggled.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RGaspar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:22 am Reply with quote
Azumanga Daioh: A classic, isn't it?

First time for me. I started yesterday and I already watched 5 episodes. It's a tad slow, but nice. Feels like an older version of Lucky Star. But I can't wait for more Very Happy
EricDent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:56 pm Reply with quote
I decided to re-watch Code Geass, cause there was a person over on the Right Stuf message boards who was wondering if it was good.
PythonZX22

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:19 pm Reply with quote
I am rewatching gundam 00 and seed and destiny because its dope and very good anime is say best mecha in a long time i missed it as a kid soo rewatching it bring back memories maybe it u should do the same
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Saw the first 6 episodes of Witchblade. It was "eh". Even the super fanservicey character-design of the witchblade only struck me as kinda sexy, and I guess I've seen enough anime that it wasn't shocking at all.
I guess they were going for ironic humor when they made Riyoko the mature one and Masane the childish one, but it ends up just making the main character petulant and annoying. I got kind of interested in it, and will probably keep watching, but I've got some other stuff I want to get through first.
The fight scenes were okay, but only one in the first six episodes was long enough to try showing off at all. Everything so far was mostly pretty standard fair. I've heard the mother-daughter relationship stuff gets more involving further in, and despite the obvious secretly-evil corporation plot stuff, I don't actively dislike any of it.
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:19 am Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
By the way, the encyclopedia says there's a Komugi special that is also licensed. Is that on the DVD with the OVA series? The Complete Collection is listed as 120 minutes, which looks like 5 x 24 minute episodes. So am I gonna have to dig that up through more dubious means (like the sequel OVA)?

I think the run time is in error, the listing for this on Amazon shows it has 2 DVDs which I'm pretty sure are the same as the singles (which I have). Also, since this is an OVA the episodes are 30 minutes each so even if it was 5 episodes the run time would be 150 (the singles each give 90 minutes as run time). Part of the confusion may also be due to ADV numbering the "special" as "episode 2.5" so the last episode is 5 instead of 6.
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:05 am Reply with quote
I finally did it. I finished the series that had been in my backlog for the very longest. Genesis Climber Mospeada. I got it in the double pack with Southern Cross, which I watched more or less right away, no idea why I delayed on Mospeada for so long.
Of all the Robotech seasons, New Generation is the most identical to its original counterpart, so I didn't really get much new, but it's still a solid "go to point A to destroy thing B" sort of band of rebels show and I still really enjoyed it! But not only is the story pretty much the same, but characters personalities are the same too, if anything, Annie/Mint might be more annoying in Japanese (whereas Dana/Jeanne was less annoying in Japanese) and everyone else is pretty much the same. One thing I really liked though was that Yellow/Lancer was actually given two seiyuus in the Japanese so spoiler[it wasn't painfully obvious he was a male from the first time he opened his mouth in ep 3 like it was in Robotech].
I do think that sub timings on the ADV set I got could sometimes be a bit off, they either appeared a fraction of a second too late or they didn't last long enough. They also sometimes wouldn't sub Annie/Mint when, I presume, she was making nonsense noises, but it's hard for me to know that for sure. It wasn't enough to not enjoy the show though and the sets did have some extras.
Basically, if you have Robotech, you don't really need to watch Mospeada, but if you enjoyed New Generation a lot, it's definitely worth checking out Mospeada.
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm just over halfway through So.ra.no.wo.to, as I have a month's free trial with an online DVD rental service, and it's one of the few non Ghibli anime they have, which also isn't Naruto or Bleach. I honestly didn't know what to expect, as I only had a vague idea of the plot and I'm enjoying it enough to consider buying it for myself when I can afford it. I enjoy the story and the characters, and the general feel of the show. I like that it's a military themed show without the military aspect being too in my face. The art is also pretty. I enjoy the slightly pastel coloured tones as opposed to the bright colours in a lot of shows.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Here's a snippet of what I said the first time I watched Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya:
The King of Harts wrote:
It's so long that I think I would've appreciated the movie a lot more dubbed. The only time I've ever watched Haruhi subbed was Haruhi-chan, and that has a different tone from the TV series, so it was weird adjusting (I had to get the English voices out of my head while reading the subs), and reading one movie for that long is kind of difficult if you're not a hardcore sub fan, which I'm not.

My guess was right, I enjoyed it many, many times more dubbed. Not only was I able to follow along much easier, I was also really able to take in KyAni's animation, and my goodness is this a gorgeous movie. I was always too busy trying to keep up with Kyon's constant inner monologue and follow along in the movie over a three hour period that I was never really able to just watch it, but, man, this looks amazing; the scene where Kyon takes Nagato home is particularly superb with the car lights shining over them as they drove by.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tris8

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:22 pm Reply with quote
I finished Lovely Complex a few days ago, and it was a great show. Absolutely hilarious. It was exactly what I was looking for; a funny high-energy show that's not completely light, but doesn't have any danger of characters dying or other heavy twists. I don't usually go for straight-up romantic comedies or school anime, but this had an excellent start. A few minor problems later on in the series keep it from being a top contender, one being that in the 2nd half a few new characters are introduced, but after starring for 2 episodes they drop off the face of the earth.
Still, a great watch and anyone that likes school or romantic comedy anime will love this.

And why I wanted something light is because I planned on following it up with Umineko no Naku Koro ni. Just finished it yesterday and really liked it, tho it's one of those shows that's not for everyone. Firstly, there's the blood and gore. It's also very psychological and nothing is ever clearly explained. Casual mystery fans probably won't like this because no answers are just given to the viewer. If you want to know the "answer" to the mystery, you actually have to work it out yourself or be forever wondering.
What I really liked about it is seeing how each character reacted in each of the scenarios. Seeing the different developments of the characters was fascinating. A few of the characters in particular grew in almost opposite directions depending on what events occurred when.
If you like psychological and mystery anime this show is for you.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:50 am Reply with quote
Watched Weather Report Girl yesterday and it more than exceeded my "so bad it's good" hopes. Lately, I have been craving what I call cheapo-cheesy anime and at $4, WRG fits the bill nicely. It's not a hentai title, but there are a few scenes of pretty strong softcore stuff. So many classic lines, i.e. "I've still got your teeth marks on my dick!" One of my favourite bits was when Keiko, the slutty, sadistic, scheming weather girl (aren't they all) is spoiler[attacked by three thugs hired to beat her up by the woman she replaced. Keiko rips the short skirt she's wearing to fight better and then kicks the crap out of them using karate she learned through a correspondence course.]

Oh, there's also a scene where Keiko spoiler[forces the same woman from above to clean her panties with her tongue.] Why does Disney never do stuff like that?

Anyway, "so bad it's good" stuff is very subjective, so do not take any of the above as a recommendation to seek this out. I'm just here to say that personally I enjoyed wallowing in every trashy second of it.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:05 am Reply with quote
I've been on something of a Leijiverse bender over the past few days. Back in August I downloaded a ripped dub of Galaxy Express 999 and liked it so much I recently ordered the DVD from Right Stuf as it's not available here in Australia. It arrived on Thursday and I've watched it twice since, once with the Japanese dub and again with the American dub.

I won't repeat the things I wrote in this post but, now that I've experienced both versions, I have to say I much prefer the American dub. What I like is the timbre of the voices of the American actors, particularly the two leads - Saffron Henderson as Tetsuro and Kathleen Barr as Maetel. The secondary characters are variable. Because these characters are larger than life, the actors that ham it up are actually more convincing. Terry Klassen owns the train conductor role, Scott McNeil is deliciously pompous as Captain Harlock while John Payne's deadpan delivery is perfect for Tochiro. Gerard Plunkett as the disembodied father of Maetel reminded me very much of Alan Rickman, which isn't a bad thing. The Japanese voice actors can't match the eccentric personalities of their American counterparts.

I'm sorely tempted to up my rating for this film to masterpiece. I'll see how I feel in six months time.

Having fallen for Maetel I sought out and watched Maetel Legend. This prequel to the film tells the story of how Maetel's doomed home planet along with all its inhabitants are transformed into machines and of the consequent estrangement of Maetel from her mother, the queen Andromeda Prometheum. Despite these promising elements it lacks that hard-to-define spark that makes the original tale so compelling. In its favour are two memorable lead characters, the sisters Maetel and Emeraldas, some startling images, an occasionally ravishing orchestral soundtrack (the music box theme is particularly haunting), and, in their mother, an antagonist who is torn between responsibility towards her doomed people and her love for her daughters. Prometheum's inner conflict as her machine parts spread through her body and destroy her humanity is dramatic and compelling.

The OAV is unfortunately spoiled by the plot being dominated by a villain, Hardgear, who wants to destroy all human life and rule the universe. And, yes, he laughs out loud whenever he contemplates his magnificent future. Spare me, please. Maetel comes across as just a tad too sweet, thereby diminishing the aura of authority so apparent in the original movie. Understandably the makers of this 2000 OAV sought to recreate the style of the original 1970s series but mostly succeeded in making it look very dated.

Rating: decent.

I also watched the 17 minute movie, Galaxy Express 999: Glass no Claire which is an alternative version of Claire's story except that she saves Tetsuro from a random monster instead of from Queen Prometheum, as depicted in the movie. Claire is a beautiful woman who was forced by her mother to exchange her organic body for crystal glass. The original movie tells her tale so much more convincingly. While Claire and Maetel have all the appeal of the film, Tetsuro's character design is dreadful and he comes across as just a silly kid. If you've seen the movie, don't bother.

Rating: not very good

Last edited by Errinundra on Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:38 pm Reply with quote
I watched Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ while I was in Harrisburg two weeks ago. I enjoyed much of it, but have a vague dissatisfaction with the series. I don't have much to write on the point; it's not fresh enough in mind for that and watching it in a hotel room on a laptop weren't ideal circumstances. To wit:

It got better as the first story progressed, had a very good middle arc, but a weird final one. The first time that I saw the second opening with its strange juxtaposition of archetypical slice-of-life scenes with creepy stuff, I laughed through it all. When the series from that point onward in fact mirrored the opening, my mirth was dampened. It was all such a strange, jarring shift that I couldn't embrace it. Nonetheless, I thought that much of the portray of Drei in that was very compelling, especially her breakdown near the end.

I think my favorite characters in the series were actually Claudia McCunnen and Lizzie Garland. I relished every moment that they were on screen and felt at least as invested in them as the intended leads. I almost would've preferred The Clo' and Lizzie show over what we got. I think that this was partly because of the really excellent English voices given to both. I loved the voice that Shay Moore provided for Lizzie. An American cast has a rather distinct comparative advantage in providing an authentic, interesting African-American voice over the Japanese original. I thought that Ms. Moore sounded very natural and comfortable, which made the part work beautifully. Colleen Clinkenbeard as Claudia was just fantastic. Her portrayal was aural fanservice. The way that Claudia sounded when seducing Zwei was the sexiest thing in the series and maybe in any series. What makes it really exceptional is that she could portray the character in less intense, more vulnerable cases convincingly and with emotional authenticity. I had warm regard for Ms. Clinkenbeard before this, but hadn't heard her in any really memorable roles, but this one immediately became one of my favorites of all time.

My least favorite character was probably Scythe Master, because he just wasn't all that interesting to me. He seemed to be scheming grandly, but ultimately just came out silly with a preposterous motive and annoying theatrics. He ends the series wearing a mask sillier than Friday Monday's, but at least he doesn't laugh maniacally, although he does have a few villainous chuckles. There was some interest in the psychologically abusive relationship that he had cultivated with Ein, but it wasn't enough to make me appreciate the character. Ah well, at least Kent Williams did at least as well as anybody could with that character.

I was dissatisfied with the conclusion. The Zahlenschwestern were given a foreboding introduction, but weren't all that impressive or interesting in the end. They weren't very interesting or effective opponents for the final fith. As for the last scene; it didn't aggravate me, but it didn't feel sufficiently motivated by the story and the suggestion that Eren might spoiler[have committed suicide in the end seems obnoxiously absurd.]

I'm glad that I watched it the Stepbrother of the Girls-with-Guns trilogy and I might want to write more later, but hasn't really won me over.

I watched Gilgamesh last week and really liked it. It is very unlike most series in style and design, but well-tuned to my tastes on both counts. The series mostly keeps to a gradual pace, slowly building rather than leaping into revelations and action. Its tone is typically calm and quiet; the characters speak in subdued tones, often without music or any other sound to disturb the intimacy of their dialogue. There is, however, plenty of music, it just happens to be withheld sensibly. The score is full of dark, heavy melodies full of malic and foreboding. A particular favorite of mine is piece that seems to incorporate the clanging of a steam engine pulling into a station. The surroundings tend to be subdued as well; black and grey are clearly in command of Gilgamesh’s color palate; other colors appear often enough, but as muted, denatured hues that ironically accentuate the broken-down, quietly sad quality of the series’ setting. The brightest colors that make any notable appearance are hellish reds that once or twice overrun the background when things become particularly bad. Gilgamesh is an impressive accomplishment in mood and style; it seldom flinches from its darkness or becomes loud and abrasive.

The character designs merit special note. They are striking different from the typical. The faces have relatively realistic, detailed shapes, with strikingly full lips and carefully-drawn hair. It is slightly disconcerting sometimes, but quite effective on the whole, both in being distinctive and distinguishing each character. Each of the principals is also seen in several states of dress and most with different hairstyles as circumstances demand. Particularly effective is the Countess of Werdenberg, whom the character designer gifted with an especially striking, impressive appearance. She is a cold, austere beauty who musters a commanding presence even without speaking.

I am less sure of its story and characterization. It isn’t awful on either point; it has some excellent work in both, but they are the lesser siblings of its sense of style and command of mood, rather than their equals or betters. The best part of the story is the slowly building mystery, but that’s more a matter of form as there are seldom really shocking or inspired twists or revelations. Indeed, the ultimate revelation of what Gilgamesh aims to accomplish is something irritatingly vacuous and typical, there is a part of it that has some fine dramatic irony, but it isn’t given the more artful treatment that something so precariously between inspired and silly needed to be a proper success. Nonetheless, the journey did its job of making me want to know what happened next.

It is better at characterization. What works best is the relationship between Kiyoko and Tatsuya. The two are shown to have a deep, affectionate bond that dances on the boundary of incest, probably stepping into that fascinatingly uncomfortable territory a few times. Their relationship felt very genuine and deep enough to justify some of the tempestuous dramatic consequences of disruptions in it. The series really only missteps in not showing enough of it. I was also struck by the portrayal of the Countess of Werdenberg, who seems from the beginning to be trying to preserve a wounded, troubled humanity with her apparent coldness. Almost too typically, my favorite characters were indeed Kiyoko and the Countess. The surrounding cast all get some attention as well and all prove sufficiently interesting. The real flaw is, again, that it doesn’t show enough of some of the interesting traits and interactions that it suggests. Poor, gentle Tohru is particularly slighted; he is shown to have strange, slightly unsettling relationships with both the Countess of Werdenberg and another character who appears later, but neither is given the depth and fullness of treatment that they deserve.

Two efforts at character that I didn’t find satisfying were a romance and an antagonist. In the first case, two characters are assigned to troubled romance by the story, but I saw nothing but a silly gimmick about the girl in the putative couple sneezing as a sign of attraction to account for why the two should be together. It isn’t an outrageous mismatch, just an inferior portrayal of a relationship. The problem with the antagonist is that he’s just a jerk, but little more. Outside of a few points that give him more depth, he’s just mean and angry. A mean, angry character isn’t unacceptable at all, but once more, there is a shallowness to how those qualities are portrayed and justified that does little good to the character.

If only Gilgamesh had made its characters as rich and pleasing as its atmosphere, I might have had a new favorite.

The finale is worth some extra consideration as it blends bad, uncertain and excellent attributes. Where it is bad is simply, as I before alluded to, the tedious set of motivations and justifications the looming menace reveals when it finally stops looming. Suffice it to say that they don’t much care for humanity; you probably know the rest; you probably could’ve guessed most of it from the first episode simply from the set-up. Where it is excellent is how the finale plays out. The last episode isn't all just banal, judgmental pronouncements; it eventually disposes with them, then proceeds to a grim, severe final act set to Ludwig Von Beethoven’s Piano Concerto No. 5 in E-Flat Major. It pressed a whole bunch of my buttons. It loved it. What makes it dubious is the ultimate end of the series. I’m honestly not sure what happened or what it meant. It’s all strange, abstract and possibly symbolic. I hate things like that sometimes, but I almost admired it just for being part of a grand old anime tradition. I also give it credit for the very striking last image of the series, which comes rather deviously after the credits of episode twenty six.

I, being a barbarian, watched it with the English dub. This was a nice reminder that Stephen Foster can direct well and faithfully. I thought that three voices were particular successes. The first was Shelley Calene-Black as Kiyoko. She’s one of my oldest favorites, especially because I feel that there’s a sort of edge inherent in her voice, handily turned in this case toward portraying Kiyoko’s bitterness and pessimism. The second is Alice Fulks, whose husky voice very nicely fit the gothic, always at least slightly menacing Countess of Werdenberg. The third best success is Andrew Love, who provides Isamu with an indefatigably subdued voice. He might sound emotionless, yet somehow every feeling, when the character betrays any, comes through clearly and sincerely. The rest of the cast is mostly fine, although Hilary Haag sounded slightly unnatural sometimes. The only voice that wasn’t a real success to my ears was Paul Oddo, who portrayed the faulty angry jerk that I mentioned before. The tone that he adopted was the right one, but he sounds too much like somebody trying to sound deeper and darker than he really is. The script is fine too; it’s only real fault might have been excessive fidelity; sometimes it felt like the English script was too close to the Japanese and thus awkward, when it should have tried a looser, more interpretative approach.

The whole package is quite impressive. I have all seven volumes in an art box, which I got all for little more than the original recommended sales price of a single volume. I think that this was a series that ADV had high hopes for, because they certainly tried hard with the extra features. Nearly every disc includes a set of interviews with the English actors and a video of clips from the series with some of the English actors explaining the creation or content of the series. The actor interviews are mostly nonsense, but I appreciated the effort and a chance to put faces to the voices. They also betray some of the extravagance of the boom era when the cast talks about how Stephen Foster insisted that they all wear black and listen to death metal as well as how he decorated the recording studio with dead trees that had been painted black and various Gothic decorations. The explanatory videos did stray into nonsense now and again when trying to play analyst, but were quite interesting when explaining things like creative decisions made by the Japanese staff. The most interesting and surreal feature is Stephen Foster’s alleged audio diary on the last disc. I slightly doubt the claim that he kept a running diary over a period from a few months before beginning to work on Gilgamesh to a few months afterward, but whatever the truth, it’s all strangely fascinating. Foster seems like a very interesting and larger-than-life, but slightly unhinged fellow. The utter absence of any meaningful self-doubt, relentless assertiveness and theatrical character of his musing and ranting is entertaining and a little mystifying. It’s sometimes even revelatory. Stephen Foster evidently didn’t much care for E’s Otherwise, but from what I can tell, nobody really did.

Also, in a feat of being a huge damned nerd, I must complain that at one point in an extra feature, somebody from the English cast refers to Sanskrit inscriptions on the members of Gilgamesh. Nonsense! Sanskrit is the language of Ancient India. What was almost certainly meant was Cuneiform.

errinundra wrote:
... I have to say I much prefer the American dub. What I like is the timbre of the voices of the American actors, particularly the two leads - Saffron Henderson as Tetsuro and Kathleen Barr as Maetel.

I love the English dub of Galaxy Express 999 and have for a long time. It was almost surreal when I heard the English voices for Tetsuo and Maetel the first time in fourteen or fifteen years and realized that I had remembered how they sounded all that time. Man, that film really dug deep into me. I wish that Kathleen Barr had been asked to reprise the part of Maetel for more than Adieu, Galaxy Express 999.

As for Scott McNeil as Captain Harlock, that felt particularly fitting because of a certain character that I remember very fondly from my way-back-when. (I almost can't believe that I'm writing this, but courtesy mandates that I note that if there's anybody who hasn't seen Transformers: Beast Wars, but means to, that person probably shouldn't look at the video that I linked to)

TheTheory wrote:
asimpson2006 wrote:
Surrender Artist wrote:
I'm in Harrisburg right now and I've noted that the local public transportation is run by the Capital Area Transit Authority, whose buses are regularly referred to by the abbreviation CATBus. I wonder if I'd be allowed to ride for free if I were to say that Totoro had sent me.

I see what you did there. I never ride the buses since I have a motor vehicle myself but if I ever did I might try that. They would probably think I am crazy and not let me on the bus.

PA Peeps represent!
I try to avoid public transportation, so have never experienced the "joy" of CATBus. But I giggled.

Awww, man, public transit gets no love. Of course, I didn't ride it either since my hotel was just a half mile's walk from downtown Harrisburg and I didn't have much interest in going elsewhere that week.

suicideshorty74 wrote:
I do like El Cazador even though the story is weak, and I'm still going to finish the series just to see how it all plays out.

Nadie and Ellis do make a really good duo, that is the main reason that I'm watching it.

That's mostly how it played out for me. I bought enough into the pair that I found the way it all ends very emotionally satisfying. It isn't the most sophisticated or refined emotionally satisfaction, it's more satisfying in the way that it was satisfying when the terrorists shot Ellis in Die Hard. Not artistic, but a great crowd-pleaser that just feels right.

suicideshorty74 wrote:
And I also agree that Ricardo is awesome. By the way, does Lirio ever speak or does she just smile and laugh the whole series?

I think that she might speak a word somewhere along the line, but there's never, so far as I recall, any momentous utterance or surprise monologue.

Last edited by Surrender Artist on Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TheTheory

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:49 am Reply with quote
Finished:
Master Keaton (both tv series and OAV, not that there is any difference other than having two encyclopedia entries.)
I already gave some nice words for this earlier in the thread when I was mid-way. Nothing much further to say, except to register my pleasure that it kept up the quality and, actually, got a bit better. The tone of some of the later episodes kind of reminded me of Bartender, and I wouldn't be too surprised if this influenced Bartender to a certain extent (or shared people--too lazy to check the encyclopedia).

Starting:
Lupin the III (the 2nd series, I think)
Several years ago I went to the trouble to legally acquire all the Lupin stuff available on R1 DVD. And from that what I have watched? Just a few episodes. ::doh:: So I'm starting right from the beginning again. I expect to enjoy it. Nay, I will enjoy it.

I just wish there was more Lupin legally available for us US consumers.
suicideshorty74

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:
That's mostly how it played out for me. I bought enough into the pair that I found the way it all ends very emotionally satisfying. It isn't the most sophisticated or refined emotionally satisfaction, it's more satisfying in the way that it was satisfying when the terrorists shot Ellis in Die Hard. Not artistic, but a great crowd-pleaser that just feels right.

That is a really good way of explaining this show. Not the best, but entertaining nonetheless. I still haven't finished it yet, but I like it so far.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 625 of 1060