• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Release Corrections.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:43 pm Reply with quote
bglassbrook wrote:

Fixed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:25 pm Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:27 am Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:

Fixed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:10 am Reply with quote
Volume titles for Rosario + Vampire [first season #7909] per the title pages and tables of contents. Volume 4's title was plural in previews and volume ending tag, while Volume 8's title was errantly used in Volume 6's previews (all others were consistent throughout all-four sources.)

Volume 1 (#11091) - Vampires
Volume 2 (#11078) - Witches
Volume 3 (#11993) - Trolls
Volume 4 (#11984) - Carnivorous Plant
Volume 5 (#12623) - Abominable Snowgirl
Volume 6 (#13229) - Ghouls
Volume 7 (#13893) - Exorcist
Volume 8 (#13891) - Shikigami
Volume 9 (#14308) - Monster Mamas
Volume 10 (#14309) - Magic Mirror

Edit: and some Spice & Wolf novel volumes, per the covers and title pages, for good measure:
Volume 7 (#21113) - Side Colors
Volume 8 (#22455) - Town of Strife 1
Volume 9 (#22456) - Town of Strife 2

Edit 2: the scraper picked up both versions from RightStuf. Please move the standard edition link (http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/browse/link/t=item,c=right-stuf,v=right-stuf,i=fun09162alt,a=anime-news-network) from the Hagani Next LE (#25942) to the Hagani NEXT std (#25943).
Chibi Shoujo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:04 pm Reply with quote
bglassbrook wrote:
Shiroi Hane wrote:
bglassbrook wrote:

Hmmm.. it does actually say "4-5" on the cover.

Yup, [generally] Seven Seas and Del Ray are/were good about listing the component volumes. Viz seems fairly common outside the 3-in-1 branded volumes. At least from my brief survey.

I was just looking at Zero's Familiar myself and noticed the inconsistency in volume numbers that creates confusion in volume order. Currently it is listed as 1, 3, and 4-5. I believe what bglassbrook was originally trying to get at is that 4-5 should be listed as "2". Either that, or volume 1 should be "1-3" and volume 3 should be "6-7". I'm not quite sure the policy on listing omnibus volumes...

Another issue I've noticed is with the volume numbering of Umineko When They Cry that creates a mess on personal manga lists. I'm not sure if this desperately needs correcting, but it would be nice to see it updated for list clarity. Currently, each episode of the series is listed as "GN 1" and "GN 2". While each episode technically does have a volume 1 and volume 2, if one looks carefully at the top of the spine, there is a different numbering system:
Episode 1, Volume 1 = 1
Episode 1, Volume 2 = 2
Episode 2, Volume 1 = 3
Episode 2, Volume 2 = 4
Episode 3, Volume 1 = 5
Etc.
Is there a way that the volume numbers could be re-numbered for numerical order and the volume "1" and "2" be included in the title instead? If needed, I can take a picture of the spines for source proof.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Chibi Shoujo wrote:
I was just looking at Zero's Familiar myself and noticed the inconsistency in volume numbers that creates confusion in volume order. Currently it is listed as 1, 3, and 4-5. I believe what bglassbrook was originally trying to get at is that 4-5 should be listed as "2". Either that, or volume 1 should be "1-3" and volume 3 should be "6-7". I'm not quite sure the policy on listing omnibus volumes...

I thought we had gotten policy last year up-thread (and through the end of that page) but it seems we later fell back to a combination of pick from however it is marked on the cover for new sets or just be consistent if someone else started them.

Are there currently any known problems with the scraper grabbing from Rakuten? The first 3-4 releases attempted I could see as just being too new for the page to have all the information requested, but am currently 0-for-today.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:22 am Reply with quote
OK, I've fixed that one volume of Zero.

I've made some adjustments to Umineko, is that any better?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:27 am Reply with quote
bglassbrook wrote:
Are there currently any known problems with the scraper grabbing from Rakuten? The first 3-4 releases attempted I could see as just being too new for the page to have all the information requested, but am currently 0-for-today.

I just tried to add another volume of Umineko and had the same problem
URL: http://www.rakuten.com/prod/umineko-when-they-cry-episode-4-alliance-of-the-golden-witch-1/257942829.html
error: This doesn't appear to be a valid page; could not find urlcode,refcode

--edit--

I also note that Volume 6 is reporting "no product found!?" for the Rakuten link, despite the link working.
I assume they have made a change to their pages which is throwing off the scraper.
Chibi Shoujo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:48 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
I've made some adjustments to Umineko, is that any better?

It looks much better! Thank you so much for taking some time to update that Very Happy I know it wasn't anything that needed attention, but I truly appreciate it.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:05 pm Reply with quote
For Stardust Crusaders, you said the ED song is by "The Bangels", but it should be spelled "Bangles".
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:30 pm Reply with quote
I said nothing of the sort!
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Volume 2 of the Strike Witches: 1937 Fuso Sea Incident manga (#26425) needs to be slipped into the set-of-2. Not currently linked and thus listing out of order.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Well, that was easy.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:38 am Reply with quote
Shiroi: Well whoever did say it needs to change it.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:01 am Reply with quote
After finally finding/untangling the graphic novel's actual second volume's listing, Accel World volume 2 (release #26475) should get moved over to the light novel listing and have its type changed.

SAO volume 3 (release #26480) just needs to be tapped down from graphic to light novel.

EDIT: Attack on Titan part 2 (release #26658) needs to be stuck under the BD+DVD grouping and turns out to be the [Limited Edition].
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 19 of 43