• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Quote Guessing Game, Round 11

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Since I'm going to be out for (probably) quite a while, an early second hint. (Oh, and I will get picky about the title on this one.)

Hint #2: spoiler[Them being lovers ended when the person being spoken about tried to kill the speaker, and very nearly succeeded; only extraordinary measures kept the speaker alive.]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:30 am Reply with quote
Hint #3: spoiler[Because of something she recently learned about the subject's past, the speaker opted to do something else to the subject, rather than killing him (which she could have easily done), in this scene.]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Thought this one would either go quickly or go long. Looks like not many have seen this yet.

Quote: "Even the most rotten of eggs may come back to life if warmed."

Hint #4: spoiler[The base title of this movie trilogy refers to the "extraordinary measures" mentioned in Hint #2.]
Errinundra

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:39 pm Reply with quote
While I'm pretty sure I know what title the quote is from I figure I won't be providing sufficient context. The spoiler[third instalment] has been released in America but not yet in Australia - its Madman scheduled release date is 18 June - so I'm guessing from the clues and my knowledge of the spoiler[first two movies].

Anyway, it may help others to get it.

spoiler[Rune Balot speaking about Shell Septinos in Mardock Scramble: The Third Exhaust.]
Key

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Enh, you meet all of the requirements so I'll give it to you. Since you haven't seen it yet, I won't go into details about the context. (Although it isn't actually that spoilery, since I think it's a given that those two are going to go face-to-face at some point.))
Errinundra

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Thanks. I look forward to your review. The first two movies are quite uneven (both within and between them) so the finale could go anywhere. I hope it reaches or exceeds the upper range of my expectations.

Next quote is from a fansub:

Everyone has their own world inside them. And [name]’s world was, well, really surprising. But I could get lost in it. And I want to.

Btw, Key, was the egg / spoiler[(Dr)] Easter link with this long weekend deliberate?
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:59 am Reply with quote
First hint: spoiler[The name of this anime partly refers to the special ability of the speaker. To his surprise it helps him win the girl. That sort of thing was only supposed to happen in manga.]
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Second hint: spoiler[The name of the anime also partly refers to another character who appears in people's dreams.]
Galap

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:02 am Reply with quote
spoiler[Harmonie. Speaker is Ako Honjou. The person whose world he's talking about is Juri Makina.]
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:10 am Reply with quote
Spot on, Galap.

Given the kerfuffle over in the character guessing thread I would have thought this would have been guessed at the same time.

Your turn.
Galap

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:31 am Reply with quote
I literally just watched that anime today. Truly exquisite. Great in concept and execution.

Dub:

Oh, see that forest over there? In summer you can catch a ton of beetles in there. Hey, which do you like better, regular or stag beetles? I like the regular beetles myself. The horn is just so—uh… but that’s what you like: the sunset, huh? Come to think of it, I don’t think I ever stopped to admire the sunset like this.
Akaname

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:03 am Reply with quote
spoiler[That is Shu speaking to Lala-Ru in Now and Then, Here and There. The first episode I believe.]
Galap

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:48 pm Reply with quote
You're right!
Akaname

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Sorry for the delay. Happy Easter.

From the dub:

Two guys walk into a bar with a rabbi, a Polish carpenter, and a bear and the girl says "hey, where's my candy?" but the Irish shepherd used up one of his wishes to buy a German aircraft carrier. "That's OK" the rabbi said "I'd rather snuggle a baby monkey."
victor viper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:30 pm Reply with quote
You know what's really odd. I was going to use to sub version of this quote at some point!

The anime is spoiler[Keroro Gunso and the speaker is Natsumi. The quote is from episode 18 where Natsumi is in a beach-bikini-comedy contest, trying to win some old bootleg Gundam model. The only person who thinks her joke is funny is Melody Honey.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 34 of 101