• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shadow Star Narutaru question.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
animefanworried

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:24 am Reply with quote
I'm not sure if I'm in the right section if not then could a mod please move it?

I know that Shadow Star Narutaru's manga was censored/edited in North America when it came out but my question is were the anime DVDs (released by Central Park Media) censored too or was it released uncensored?
Key

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:31 am Reply with quote
Depends on what you mean by "censored."

Were there black patches or other techniques used to cover things up? No. The anime version did avoid directly showing the worst content (the incident with spoiler[the test tube and the payback for it], for instance), but gave the viewer a pretty clear sense of what was happening. The was all part of the original animation effort, though, and had nothing to do with CPM's release production.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
animefanworried

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:35 am Reply with quote
Yeah that's what I wanted to know, I was aware the Japanese version was toned down from the manga but I wasn't sure if Central Park Media had removed content as well since the manga was heavily edited from what I read.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1