• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Does anime and manga have an emotional impact on you?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yaji-sama

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Hello there my fellow anime and manga lovers!

I would like to request your help.

I am currently doing a paper/thesis related to anime and manga and emotional impact. As part of my research I need to interview people and so I thought I'd ask here for anyone who willing to aid me in my paper. Below are a series of questions which I have conjured up so far. Rest assured. All response are kept anonymous. And please provide as much detailed responses as possible.

If my questions are not correct, or you believe there is more I could ask, please do let me know and also include your own answers to that particular question. 21 in total. Please use numbers when answering so I'm aware of each answer.

--------
1 - Age group? 13-16 | 17-19 | 20-24 | 24-30 | 30+
2 - Gender? Male | Female
3 - Please describe yourself in 5 to 10 words (e.g. Simple, Shy, Productive etc.)
5 - How often do you watch anime or read manga? Please specify
6 - Do anime and/or manga have an emotional impact on you?
7 - Which anime?
8 - What emotions do you experience?
9 - What scene?
10 - Why does it make you feel that way?
11 - What about that scene?
12 - Is it the artwork - brush stroke etc.? Voice? Storyline? Characters? Please explain
13 - Does it have an effect on your regular behaviour? If so, please explain
14 - Are these emotions dependent on your current emotional state/mood?
15 - How do you feel about experiencing these emotions?
16 - Do you believe its normal for these particular scenes? Please explain.
17 - Is there any part of your personal life that you see reflected in anime/manga that makes you emotional? Please explain

18 - What anime and scene had the largest emotional impact?
Why?
19 - Do you feel these emotions from watching regular movies? (Western)

20 - What animes do you recommend for emotional impacts and why?

21 - Is there anything else that I have missed out? This question is for any other additional information you wish to share which I may have missed out on asking that you think it's relevant and may help me with my research.
------------

If you are not comfortable of answering in public you can use my private room made for this in which you are an anon, so don't be afraid. It's simple to use, just simple type out your answer in word and simply past them into the chat by selecting an Anonymous name (from the option in bottom right corner):

http://www.animemangaemotion.chatango.com/

AGAIN, I REPEAT, PLEASE PROVIDE AS MUCH DETAILED RESPONSES AND EXPLANATIONS AS POSSIBLE!
Thank you very much for your time!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1