• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Ghost Stories

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:38 am Reply with quote
antonmonter wrote:
Besides “they WANT the money” can you offer any other argument, Zack? If not, you had not replied any of the statements previously wrote against that new release.

If that money is so important then it will be more important to ask why they want that money so bad? Are they going to give it to a charity? To help Stunami victims? To help improve education in undeveloped countries? If the money is not for that I just DON’T care. I think they have enough money. Anime is art, and it’s not valid to destroy art just because a greedy _ _ _ executive wants a new gold comb.
There is that live action EVA project that is standing on the corner with it's hand out asking "Got any spare change mate?" Wink Also, I wonder how the Japanese would have handled Scooby-Doo? Ask John seems to have forgotten that one in his column.
antonmonter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
antonmonter wrote:
Besides “they WANT the money” can you offer any other argument, Zack? If not, you had not replied any of the statements previously wrote against that new release.

If that money is so important then it will be more important to ask why they want that money so bad? Are they going to give it to a charity? To help Stunami victims? To help improve education in undeveloped countries? If the money is not for that I just DON’T care. I think they have enough money. Anime is art, and it’s not valid to destroy art just because a greedy _ _ _ executive wants a new gold comb.
There is that live action EVA project that is standing on the corner with it's hand out asking "Got any spare change mate?" Wink Also, I wonder how the Japanese would have handled Scooby-Doo? Ask John seems to have forgotten that one in his column.

oh... I forgot about the American live action Evangelion project, if you are telling me that they need more money in order to produce such project, that is another reason to boycott that company Twisted Evil
Animefan16

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:08 pm Reply with quote
I can see why ADV thought they could do this. When ADV made the americanized dub of Super Milk Chan, a lot of anime fans were supporting it and disliked the Japanese dub and the straight English dub. Even Chris from Anime On Dvd, who only reviewed the Japanese dub of Case Closed because he didn't like the name changes, said he liked the Americanized dub and didn't like the Japanese dub and the straight dub.

When AS decided to show the straight dub instead of the Americanized one, a lot of anime fans thought they made a mistake, and I agree. I still don't understand why AS would choose the crappy straight dub over the superior americanized dub.

I'll check out the Ghost Stories dub. It looks pretty funny.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:19 am Reply with quote
antonmonter wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
antonmonter wrote:

oh... I forgot about the American live action Evangelion project, if you are telling me that they need more money in order to produce such project, that is another reason to boycott that company Twisted Evil
Because.....? Wink
Red Blue Paper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Hello, I came up here and as a fan of "Gakkou no Kaidan" I agree with John's article. I'm from Brazil and my country had the luck of get the original version. Believe me, the original one is wonderful, of course it has humor but it's well balanced with drama and horror. And it's not ' just other supernatural series' like Zac Bertschy says in his article. Seriously, Bertschy should be a real jerk who don't get good horror plots to think that the original is boring.

And oh yeah, if ADV turned it in a comedy, this one is the 'just other supernatural series'. I read some reviews and most of them say that ADV's Gakkou no Kaidan sounds like a Japanese Scooby Doo.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:03 am Reply with quote
Red Blue Paper, please do not revive old threads that are almost 8 months old. Thanks.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7