• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Summer 2011 anime season.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EireformContinent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Here we go

Natsume, Natsume, Natsume! Whoaaaa! let's preform the dance of joy!

Ikoku Meiro sounds interesting too.
Blood C- Xxxholic reloaded?

Rest- ninli novi sub sole.
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Isn't this the first time Bones is animating a Noitamina show? Looking forward to that. If only Noitamina focused more on sci-fi settings.

The one I'm anticipating the most is Natsume. There's no way around it. I've always considered it a weaker version of Mushi-shi, but now they're both on par for different reasons.

And of course, Gainax's loli. Shiki did well, and so did Gosick. So, why not? So to make up for the loli dosage I'll just have Blood-C because Clamp never disappoints me with older characters.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Not surprisingly, the Summer pickings are thinner than the ones for Spring. But I see some good stuff:

-Natsume Yuujincho San- I enjoyed the first two seasons, so this one is a definite choice for me.
-Usagi Drop- Because its Noitamina and the premise seems like a touching one to look into.
-No. 6- Premise sticks out for me. Will try it out.
-Ikoku Meiro no Croisee- Hopefully, this one will give me a better impression than when I seen Gosick last season considering the Japanese youth adjusting to life in a foreign land.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:27 pm Reply with quote
@Egoist: Nope, Bones did some of the work on Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 as well so this isn't a first, but I agree that noitaminA needs more sci-fi.

Let's see, right now Natsume, Bunny Drop, No. 6 and the new Last Exile (not listed, think it's called Last Exile-Fam The Silver Wing-) are must watches for me, started re-watching the original Last Exile actually and I hope to rewatch the first two seasons of Natsume before the new season starts as well. Interested in the second Baka to Test, Blood C (wonder if I need to watch Blood+ first though or the movie) and Iroku Meiro no Croisee look interesting which is already seven shows. Plus at least two, probably more like three or four, spring shows of mine are going to be two cour, no idea how I'm going to watch everything and this is only the preliminary chart. Anime dazed
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Maybe it'sx not close enough, but nothing really stands out for me. Ikoku seems to catch my interest and that's it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Aylinn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:01 pm Reply with quote
I’ll certainly watch Natsume Yuujincho San. It’s the only show I’m sure to check. The rest don’t interest me enough to give it a blind shot. Still, I’ll read reviews and others' opinions to see what is worth watching.

I was mildly interested in the new Last Exile, but the trailer is not encouraging in the slightest http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2M8Aem3uOQQ&gl=PL
A bunch of cute girls who will be used for fanservice >_> ...great ...I can smell a washout.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:08 pm Reply with quote
So, we have both Blade and Blood-C airing in the same season. Interesting.

I'm looking forward to No.6 and Appleseed XIII; I do love my Science Fiction. I'm also going to check out Usagi Drop (which could be quite good if not a Loli-fanservice title) and Blade (which hopefully will be better than the other Marvel projects). Sacred Seven has caught my attention even though there is little information on it; I will keep it in mind.
Scormio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Only one I really am looking forward too is Usagi Drop though I'll probably give most of them a shot anyway to see if there's any worth following.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Man, I'd forgotten how insanely think these summer seasons are.

Manyuu Hikenchou is actually a bit refreshing. It's nice to see a show just come right out and say: "This is a show about tits" instead of pretending it's not.

Moving back to the realm of shows I might actually watch though:

Must See:

I'm not actually that big of a Bones fan but No. 6 sounds awesome. I'm really excited to see some more in depth Sci-Fi. (We get a lot of stuff that has a sci-fi edge or sci-fi elements operating in a more or less traditional world but not much real, in depth, world altering premise stuff. Plus, it's noitaminA and that alone makes it worth checking out.

Possible:

The premise of Bunny Drop isn't something that immediately appeals to me. Again though, if it's noitaminA, it's probably at least high quality.

On my radar:

I'm hardly optimistic about Blood-C. The more I learn about it the more is seems like it will fall flat and barely even resemble TLV. I'm still holding out hope in case they sign on a decent director though.

I haven't even gotten around to seeing the past Marvel projects so I doubt I'll see Blade. The fact that it's not something superhero based does intrigue me though.

Other:

I've lost track of what exactly they're doing with this whole Appleseed project. Wasn't it set to air last season but then also it was going to be a movie or something? Whatever. Whenever it materializes into something more clear I'll probably check it out.

Past Natsume shows never grabbed me as something I wanted to see but I'd often wondered about them. There's a chance I might go back and give the franchise a try at some point so I guess it's good they're making more.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Usagi Drop (Haven't read the manga yet but it looks good)
No. 6 (Another original from Bones, might drop if it's boring)
Kamisama Dolls (Another mystery style show? Can't hurt to watch it)
Dantalian no Shoka (Being done by Gainax so might be worth watching)

Ova wise I'll be watching

Kore wa Zombie Deska? OVD (It's basically ep 13)
Katteni Kaizou ( If it lives up to SZS I will be happy )
Higurashi Kira ep 1 ( More Higurashi never hurt )
Carnival Phantasm (Do want, Tsukihime will finally have some form of anime)
Westlo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:00 am Reply with quote
More stuff will get announced... a lot of shows haven't even aired for Spring yet...

egoist wrote:
Isn't this the first time Bones is animating a Noitamina show? Looking forward to that. If only Noitamina focused more on sci-fi settings.

Actually Bones did Juuousei which aired in NoitaminA back in 2006. And personally I think more sci-fi will kill Noitamina for good in Japan, they need to focus on what got Noitamina popular in the first place, Josei.

The girls who tuned in for Nodame Cantabile and Honey and Clover could care less about Yamakan's Fractale. Noitamina made their shows more otakuish to try and turn their great tv ratings into dvd sales. The thing is it didn't work and they have now lost their ratings... Anohana for this season and Usagi Drops for Summer are a step in the right direction.. but it may be too late...

ninjapet wrote:
No. 6 (Another original from Bones, might drop if it's boring)

It's based on novels written by Atsuko Asano, the author of Telepathy Shoujo Ran, which also received an anime while back.
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:24 am Reply with quote
I agree with what you said for the most part - but what exactly was otakuish about Fractale? And Shiki? If we're going by the Japanese sense of otaku, I can hardly recall any otakuish shows from Noitamina. Not Tatami or Mononoke for sure.
If anything, they seemed to be reaching out for a more fresh and different audience while trying to keep their old one - unfortunately the old one only cared about romance.
06BlackHeart

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:37 pm Reply with quote
if you guys want more information about the summer season you can check out this page http://www.squidoo.com/anime-season-summer-2011 they got trailer and description for the anime coming out this summer
naninanino

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Natsume is mandatory. Other than that, I'm only interested in Ikoku Meiro no Croisee as it sounds like Aria (the music, not the synopsis) and Satou Jun'Ichi is involved. Too bad that it seems to feature noseless lolis.

edit: Of course Appleseed XIII as well. I just forgot about it since at some point it turned into an OVA and summary movie(s) and changed release date.

Last edited by naninanino on Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:32 pm Reply with quote
The only ones that sound good to me are Appleseed: XIII, Blood-C, and maybe Sacred Seven when there's more info on it.

Oh and the Higurashi no Naka Koroni: Kira OVA as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3