• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yamatocon I & II, Animagic

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RocketSquirrel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:19 am Reply with quote
Hi all, I just found this forum a few minutes ago when I Google searched "Yamatocon" after finding some old albums in my attic.

I see there are some web sites devoted to anime con history and I have some that I thought I might pass on if anyone running one of these sites would be interested. The sites mostly have dates and facts and don't seem set up for the kind of info I have, and I by no means have a complete list of these sites.

I was pretty much the event chairman for the 3 events and I thought I would make some scans of the photos and documents. I have things like the original hotel contracts, flyers, program books etc. I just thought there might be some out there interested in these after the scans are made.

Any info is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Don
eric2019

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:13 am Reply with quote
Don,

I know this is a far fetch message responding to a post over 15 years ago but I am interested in the history of anime conventions. If you do see this, I love to talk with you.

Thank you,
e

RocketSquirrel wrote:
Hi all, I just found this forum a few minutes ago when I Google searched "Yamatocon" after finding some old albums in my attic.

I see there are some web sites devoted to anime con history and I have some that I thought I might pass on if anyone running one of these sites would be interested. The sites mostly have dates and facts and don't seem set up for the kind of info I have, and I by no means have a complete list of these sites.

I was pretty much the event chairman for the 3 events and I thought I would make some scans of the photos and documents. I have things like the original hotel contracts, flyers, program books etc. I just thought there might be some out there interested in these after the scans are made.

Any info is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Don
davemerrill

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 9:57 am Reply with quote
Wow, I wish I'd seen this OP 15 years ago, or ten years ago when I was working on this piece about Yamatocon, Animagic and some of the even earlier American anime-fan gatherings! https://ourstarblazers.com/vault/317/
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1