• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Official Anime Artwork?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dazaster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Hello! New here.I am posting this topic to ask this question. I figured if anyone would know, it would be someone here.

Does anyone know if there is a website or sites out there that have galleries or display official anime artwork for people to see or save? Not looking for fan art, but artwork done by the creators. Official Artwork if you will. Artwork, Concept art, Character art, Concept Character art, sketches and so on are the things I'm looking for.

I personally think the artwork from such animes as Full Metal Panic(all), Naruto, Ergo Proxy, Godannar, Full Metal Alchemist, Ghost in the Shell:SAC, Tenjho Tenge, Ikki Tousen(Battle Vixens), Burst Angel, Air Gear, 009-1 and so on are great, but many doen't have art books out. So I decided to look for a site or sites that have great quality pictures and or wallpapers to download or save. If anyone could help or has advice in finding, it would be much appreciated.
Key

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Often artwork like that is included on the DVD releases if it's available at all, but sometimes you can find things like that on the official Web sites (whether English or the original Japanese) for the title.

Check the Encyclopedia entry here at ANN for a listing of official Web site links.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:54 am Reply with quote
While not exactly artwork for the computer, as in wall papers and scans, i highly suggest importing some artbooks. Online stores like TRSI, Anime Castle, and Animenation for example have pretty good selections of official artbooks. The print is obviously in Japanese but many contain sketches from the creators, concept drawings, screen shots, original pictures, and other stuff. While not for the computer, as you seem to be looking for, I highly suggest checking the sites I mentioned for these artbooks. They're definitely what you're looking for. The only difference is obviously they're in print/book form and not digital. You can also find many on eBay, and often for lower prices for new books as well.
EVA fiend

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:30 am Reply with quote
dazaster wrote:
I personally think the artwork from such animes as Full Metal Panic(all), Naruto, Ergo Proxy, Godannar, Full Metal Alchemist, Ghost in the Shell:SAC, Tenjho Tenge, Ikki Tousen(Battle Vixens), Burst Angel, Air Gear, 009-1 and so on are great, but many doen't have art books out.

Of the ones you've listed, only Ergo Proxy, Godanner, & Air Gear have no artbooks (yet). There are at least 4 books for GitS:SAC & there are over a dozen books for Fullmetal Alchemist alone. And a lot of the concept artwork & full colour paintings for Burst Angel can been found in Hakua Ugetsu's Flamboyant art book.

I agree with psycho 101. If you want official artwork then the best place to find stuff like that can be found in the official artbooks. There are sites that have scans taken from the artbooks of various shows, but since I highly doubt that these sites have permission to upload the pics, I won't post the sites here.
Porcupine

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:54 pm Reply with quote
There is exactly one art book by Takahiro Kimura, the character designer of Godannar, that I know of. And it also contains a few Godannar pictures in it. The title of the artbook is Risky Dolls, but it's several years old now, and it may be hard to find. Also, since it is an import, you may have to pay a premium.

http://www.hlj.com/product/MDW22600

I have this book, but I can't read Japanese. I wish I could because there are some really nice pictures in here that I don't know what they are from because I can't read the Japanese descriptions well enough.
Gage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:07 pm Reply with quote
dazaster wrote:
Hello! New here.I am posting this topic to ask this question. I figured if anyone would know, it would be someone here.

Does anyone know if there is a website or sites out there that have galleries or display official anime artwork for people to see or save? Not looking for fan art, but artwork done by the creators. Official Artwork if you will. Artwork, Concept art, Character art, Concept Character art, sketches and so on are the things I'm looking for.

I personally think the artwork from such animes as Full Metal Panic(all), Naruto, Ergo Proxy, Godannar, Full Metal Alchemist, Ghost in the Shell:SAC, Tenjho Tenge, Ikki Tousen(Battle Vixens), Burst Angel, Air Gear, 009-1 and so on are great, but many doen't have art books out. So I decided to look for a site or sites that have great quality pictures and or wallpapers to download or save. If anyone could help or has advice in finding, it would be much appreciated.

Not sure if this will help or not but here's a link to a page that will direct you to websites that host fan art, ORIGINAL ART, and such. Also this includes manga art pages.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1