• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How long have you been into anime?

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DFBTG

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:42 am Reply with quote
Ever since '98, when Toonami rolled around with DBZ. For some reason I always thought that Toonami had been in existence longer, but at the same time, back in 98 I was only 7, and I don't think my memory can extend far beyond that point. Of course, I don't think I ever really knew DBZ was "anime". I did know that it wasn't American made, that much was obvious to me even back then. Not entirely sure when I realized anime was anime, but regardless, 10 years for me.
5hotz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:45 pm Reply with quote
I've been into animes since i think the summer of 1999 when my uncle made me watch el hazard,since then i've been in love with it. it got even worse when i watched evangelion love that show to death ^ ^ Very Happy
AznJazz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:12 pm Reply with quote
NathanBum wrote:
AznJazz wrote:
But I am not a person that is into CosPlay, Fandom, or Otaku status, hell I hate (hate is a strong word, how about strongly dislike) these kind of people. I am a person who enjoys anime as means of entertainment. I don't buy the toys or other merchandised stuff they have floating around. I just watch is regularly like a person in the technological age (Thanks Internet).

Did you read my mind? Shocked

Maybe, or we just think alike.
tenchi8891

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:23 pm Reply with quote
first started watching anime whenever dbz started airing on cartoon network. So i'd say late 90's.
braves

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:33 pm Reply with quote
I watched DBZ, Pokemon, Monster Rancher, Flint the Time Detective and Digimon when I was kid back in Puerto Rico. I didn't know it was anime, but when you're a kid it doesn't really matter. I stopped watching anime, and then in '06 Toonami did the "Month of Miyazaki" event. I watched Sprited Away, and I was amazed. Then I watched Princess Mononoke and I liked it even more than Spirited Away. I didn't watch that much of Castle in the Sky and I didn't get to watch any of Nausicaa. Then during the summer, I sat down in front of the TV and I put on CN and saw something called Naruto( it was the episode where spoiler[Sasuke uses the Lion's Barrage in the prelimenaries]), and even though I was totally lost with words like Sharingan, and jutsu, it officially got me sucked into the world of anime. Very Happy

So to sum it all up, I got into anime with Miyazaki movies and Naruto.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kabuto Tokugawa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:01 pm Reply with quote
I starting watching anime with Battle of the Planets in 1978 and then Force Five in the early 1980. Embarassed
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 11 of 11