• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fate/Zero (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prince Harming

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:12 pm Reply with quote
One episode in and it's already spoiled so much of the Fate/stay night Visual Novel. I feel sorry for those of you watching it that haven't read it.

As a Type-Moon fan I naturally enjoyed the first episode. Only problem I had was with that scene where Risei and Tokiomi walk a circle around Kotomine, it was ridiculous.

If I were Kotomine I would have felt very, very awkward having two fabulous men holding wine circlejerking me.
Raftina

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:12 pm Reply with quote
I would certainly not say that people who watched the Phantom Menace should have been assumed to know that Palpatine is the Emperor.

I mentioned a variety of factors that determine how much we should assume someone knows going into a series. Whether it is a prequel or a sequel is just one of the factors. You cannot isolate one factor and argue that it alone is not sufficient for us to assume that the viewer doesn't know about the previous works.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:39 pm Reply with quote
errinundra wrote:
@ Spotlesseden & Gingin,

I must have missed something. How do you know that Berserker is spoiler[Lancelot]? If so, it provides for fascinating possibilities for interacting with Sabre.

because i read LN, yeah you will spoiler[see him has something for Sabre.]
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:45 pm Reply with quote
lol, ancient Europeans of the past could learn a thing or two from modern day Japan...

Learn to make your dull and boring mythological figures actually interesting!

Quote:
1) Explain why this episode gave enough information on whether it's spoiler[spoiler[Waver<->Rider and Tosaka<->Archer or the pair.]]

Wait, it didn't? I was fairly certain they did hint at Rider's true identity...it was 40 minutes of exposition, I'm sure it was lightly hinted at somewhere.

If this series does really well...I wonder will there ever be a chance of an anime adaptation of Fate/strange fake?...granted it's nothing but fan fiction based off the series(approved by Type-Moon), but hey, look at DBGT!
Raftina

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Gingin wrote:
Wait, it didn't? I was fairly certain they did hint at Rider's true identity...it was 40 minutes of exposition, I'm sure it was lightly hinted at somewhere.

The clue is spoiler[that the relic is a piece of red cloth from Macedon.] This hints at the identity of spoiler[Waver's servant. It does not tell us anything about the class of this servant.]
JaffaOrange

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:28 am Reply with quote
All this speculation isn't as fun when you've read the wikipage and the character descriptions.
Kirkdawg
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:12 pm Reply with quote
I agree with the sentiment that if you haven't read the F/S N VN but are choosing to watch this, you are seriously diminishing the experience of what I think is an excellent piece of fiction.

Really enjoyed the first episode, I'm pretty psyched for the next 24. I've already read the light novels, but reading is a completely different experience from a visual medium like anime.

To those of you who are confused as to why Gilgamesh isspoiler[Archer], I don't understand because his spoiler[signature attack is basically raining a maelstorm of legendary weapons upon his enemies. That is his bread and butter move, while rarely using his Noble Phantasm to deal with strong foes. ]
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Well, I don't think it's very reasonable to expect everyone here to import an expensive foreign game (or download an image and burn one) they can't read and pirate a translation file for it from an obscure group with questionable legality either. It is a huge pain in the ass, which I wouldn't blame people not wanting to experience. Laughing

Personally, I tried and was unable to get the game to install correctly, despite my copy of Tsukihime working just fine. Anime cry

Anyhow the first episode was most informative and visually impressive. UFO table has so far done a great job, but then I expected that after The Garden of Sinners movies. This should be good, I'm looking forward to it. Although it may cause people to have to search out a new codec pack, like I had to do, to play it right.

Last edited by Kruszer on Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kirkdawg
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:19 pm Reply with quote
It's perfectly legal by my interpretation of copyright law to "pirate" software that isn't lawfully distributed in the country in question. MM forces you to sign a non-binding contract that if you use their patch, you must purchase an imported copy. I won't stray too far from topic and will simply say that there are some common problems for people who've never installed a VN before and if you want help, please feel free to PM me. As far as I'm aware, I'm not breaking any forum rules (taboo) by writing this statement.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:45 pm Reply with quote
To be honest I have no idea what I did with my copy of F/SN. If I ever come across it again, in the labyrinth of items that time forgot also known as, my basement, I'll take you up on it.
Veers

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:57 am Reply with quote
Considering some friends finally (after years of trying) talked me into giving the FSN VN a try a couples months ago, and I just finished UBW route, I'm going to hold off on watching F/Z until after I finish Heaven's Feel because I've been told F/Z's story will spoil some key points of HF route.

I hope I can finish the game before the show gets too far... I'm itching to see what ufotable's done with this.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:32 am Reply with quote
Veers wrote:
Considering some friends finally (after years of trying) talked me into giving the FSN VN a try a couples months ago, and I just finished UBW route, I'm going to hold off on watching F/Z until after I finish Heaven's Feel because I've been told F/Z's story will spoil some key points of HF route.

I hope I can finish the game before the show gets too far... I'm itching to see what ufotable's done with this.

The very first episode of F/Z spoils some of the Heaven's Feel route.

BTW: I have played the entirety of the VN using the Mirror-Moon translation. I enjoyed it at lot. Too bad I can't find a copy of Tsukihime or I'd do the same thing for that VN as well.
Veers

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:52 am Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
The very first episode of F/Z spoils some of the Heaven's Feel route.
Good thing I held off!

Quote:
BTW: I have played the entirety of the VN using the Mirror-Moon translation. I enjoyed it at lot. Too bad I can't find a copy of Tsukihime or I'd do the same thing for that VN as well.
I have both. PM me.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:14 pm Reply with quote
I've just noticed that F/Z will start airing on Crunchyroll from 8 October.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Raftina

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:08 pm Reply with quote
It looks like the Crunchyroll stream will be 1 week later than the Nico stream. The Nico stream seems to be still available here (USA).

Episode 2:
Well, Fate/Zero isn't particularly mysterious about the identities of the servants. We have already most of them, except for spoiler[Lancer, who hasn't appeared, and Berserker, who hasn't appeared since his original summoning.]

The second episode is still on the servant's summonings, and we aren't quite done with that. Though we did get to see something develop when spoiler[Kotomine sends Assassin to his death trying to kill Tosaka.] Wonder if the second episode will delve more into that or jump to another scene.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 52