• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[adult swim] rethinking anime?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amethyst Alchemist
Former ANN Editor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:43 pm Reply with quote
samuraiwalt wrote:

Inuyasha must be really popular because they're going to be showing it 7 nights a week.

But at 5 A.M?! Seriously, who does watch TV, let alone [as], at 5 in the morning!
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Amethyst Alchemist wrote:
samuraiwalt wrote:

Inuyasha must be really popular because they're going to be showing it 7 nights a week.

But at 5 A.M?! Seriously, who does watch TV, let alone [as], at 5 in the morning!

DUH everybody watches anime thats been replayed 100 times at five in the morning, you didn't know that? xD

-Actually I record it and watch it the next night because there is nothing else to watch before bed. I usually tape all the anime thats on at night for the week but now with this new schedual the IS NOTHING TO WATCH. it makes me mad. Evil or Very Mad
chicoandkirara

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:52 pm Reply with quote
samuraiwalt wrote:
chicoandkirara wrote:
adult swim just started airing samurai champloo again! i am very happy bout that. i was not pleased with the comedy switch and am glad it didn't work for them Cool

thank god for my dvr, it is on in the middle of the night!

Too bad that tonight's the last night they'll be showing Samurai Champloo. Guess you didn't check the new schedule

yeah, didn't see that. can i say i'd like to bitch slap the people who keep messing with the line up? family guy is already on 40 other channels. and tim and eric show is NOT awesome. at least it looks like they are leaving GITS 2nd gig in the weekly line up.........
chicoandkirara

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:53 pm Reply with quote
samuraiwalt wrote:

my DVR watches it at 5 am... i watch it some other time!
Celes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:14 pm Reply with quote
samuraiwalt wrote:

I think that is the point...everyone and their dog is probably sick of Inuyasha at this point. I know I could certainly go without seeing any more of it for the rest of my life -_-

The new daily schedule is ok, as is the weekend schedule. The only thing I wish was that Death Note was on earlier. And that there was more Tim and Eric. Because they are awesome. Great job.
TheDrizzle

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:28 pm Reply with quote
I don't know if somebody already said this, but I believe that on one of their commercials, it said "We're going to make Saturdays suck less by reducing the anime". Man, I enjoyed Adult Swim the most when they had shows like Bobobo, The Prince of Tennis, MAR, things of that nature (and there were more than 3 titles). Now, all there is is Bleach, Death Note, and Blood Plus. And now they want to get rid of it more????
Amethyst Alchemist
Former ANN Editor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:38 pm Reply with quote
TheDrizzle wrote:
I don't know if somebody already said this, but I believe that on one of their commercials, it said "We're going to make Saturdays suck less by reducing the anime". Man, I enjoyed Adult Swim the most when they had shows like Bobobo, The Prince of Tennis, MAR, things of that nature (and there were more than 3 titles). Now, all there is is Bleach, Death Note, and Blood Plus. And now they want to get rid of it more????

Actually, those shows were on Toonami, not [as], but I definitely share the sentiment.
TheDrizzle

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:59 pm Reply with quote
TheDrizzle wrote:

Actually, those shows were on Toonami, not [as], but I definitely share the sentiment.

Oh. My bad. Well it still stinks that they got rid of those shows, too Smile
Amethyst Alchemist
Former ANN Editor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Well, they changed it again. Mad No more anime on Friday nights as seen here. *sigh* . . . just *sigh*
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Yup. It's as good as over. They'd better finish Death Note. I'd just buy it, but the DVDs are taking forever.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:38 pm Reply with quote
I'll have to remember that as of Apr. 5, Bleach moves up 30 min.

What a pain!
Cow-Boy_Be-Bop

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:31 am Reply with quote
Why does Adult Swim hate us so much?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8