• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Strongest Gamer: Let's Play in Another World

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:30 am Reply with quote
"Strongest Gamer: Let's Play in Another World" by Shinobu Yuki
English publisher: Sol Press

In this story, the main character (who is a hardcore gamer) isn't killed or dies to get to another world, but rather is hired to be a location manager in that world.

Specifically hired to manage a new Labyrinth for the Great Demon Lord, in this fantasy type world. Sadly for our main character, due to fraud his new Labyrinth has not been built and he is stuck at the bottom of a great rift valley by himself.

As an aside, the demonic version of Amazon is a million times faster. Make sure you save those high quality cardboard boxes. It has multiple uses.

As you can probably tell, this series is not so serious, but still humans do get killed (because they deserve it). As of the second volume, it is most likely going to have a harem, so if that is not your cup of tea. Interesting part, is that this takes place in the Great Demon Lord's realm, and it turns out the people there are just like us, except for being Kobolds, Elves, Minotaurs, and other creatures from the Monster Manual.

I found the story to be fun and cute. Though, I guess this is a trend, there are those detailed explanations on how to make potions and how to cook strange food. Looking forward to future volumes.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Anyone know if Shinobu Yuki is still writing light novels. What I have read indicates the author hasn't been seen for awhile.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1