• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Problem with age verification dialog box

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:17 pm Reply with quote
For some reason the age verification dialog box on the "Sex Work, Kink, and Consent" article isn't working for me. Clicking on either button results in no response.

I've tried this with the latest versions of Chrome and Firefox on my phone (Android 11).
ChirashiD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:10 pm Reply with quote
When I went to that article while already logged in, I didn't get an age verification box. So it seems if an age verification box is showing up, it's not something within the ANN website. And if it is that would still probably have something to do with your user settings.

So I would probably check a couple things 1) see if your date of birth is listed correctly in your ANN user info if that is required 2) see if there is some kind of content filter active on your computer.

If I didn't even get an age verification message to access the article doesn't that defeat the purpose of having it? So that tells me it's something unique about your computer's or user accounts settings.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Oh yeah, for some reason the Google Wi-Fi mesh routers in the house suddenly blocked adult content. If I connect to the fiber optic modem's built-in hotspot or use mobile data I can access adult content just fine. When I am on Google Wi-Fi, trying to access adult content results in an error message, though. It's usually sitewide, not page specific.

Checking my ANN account settings, I don't see any field for date of birth.
ChirashiD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:08 pm Reply with quote
When you are able to access adult content, say on a different website, are you able to access the article when you go back to ANN? Or do you still get the age verification box when you try to access the article? When exactly does the dialog box pop up?

I can't really help troubleshoot this for you because I can't see your screen and I think we need a technician from ANN to investigate this. Hope you figure it out.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:44 am Reply with quote
Finally got the dialog box to work, so I was able to read the article.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:57 am Reply with quote
ChirashiD wrote:
So I would probably check a couple things 1) see if your date of birth is listed correctly in your ANN user info if that is required 2) see if there is some kind of content filter active on your computer.

We don't use your birthday but once you answer "yes," we set a cookie so you don't get asked again.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1